Wednesday, October 05, 2005

My Aunt Anna's House

My great aunt Anna taught me to read cards. She could speak on herbs and how it might be used to treat whatever ailments we were on the topic of. She was wise and wonderful. This is the house she lived in, on the river, below the dijke. She raised seven children here, and on adulthood each one was bought a house of their own by my aunt to start them off in. Apparently she was wise with money also. Her youngest daughter was a Down's syndrome child and one of my favourite childhood playmates. Even Yvonne became independent, she worked as a nanny. Anna died in her nineties. I inherited two of her espresso cups, on sad days I drink out of those cups, cheering up then becomes an inevitability.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

aletta

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home