Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Water Under the Bridge

Could not help but let the pencils do as they pleased. The pencils were, after all, brand new and eager to show what they could do. These after all, were not dollar store cheapies but bona fide art story goodies. I let them go without thought, eager to learn where my subconcious would take them. Seems a lot of waterlilly stories going round lately, and apparently kicking around in my mind's attic as well.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

aletta

6 Comments:

At 4:15 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

I can only agree with Leonie.

 
At 6:21 AM, Blogger Fran said...

Long ago a wise teacher told me to "listen to your painting, go where it leads you." So you have done.

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger Gail Kavanagh said...

What beautiful soft colours, a lovely drawing - are they Derwent? I love Derwent pencils.

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger aletta said...

They are Rembrandt Polycolour
olive green, cobalt blue, ocre and peacock blue. Next time I'm near the art supply store I will pick up some reds.

Hooked on pencils, until I can bring home some sculpting cla -- I have plans.

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Gail Kavanagh said...

Absolutely beautiful colours - I will have to check them out. I have just bought some pastels, oil and chalk. So far managed to make a lovely mess with the oils.

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Aletta have you read "Girl with the Pearl Earring" by Tracy Chavelier, a must for any paint/draw woman. In fact any of you, the way she talks about the ancient colours captivated me and I have always loved Vermeer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home