Tuesday, September 13, 2005

A Sketch A Day

When I began sketching on a daily basis, began scanning my drawings and posting them on the internet, I was really making a statement about my determination to redress the notion that I had 'no drawing skills'. Of course I am creative! Everyone knows this! But sketching with pencils is a new medium for me to be expressing myself. As I wander down the Soul Food Silk Way, with a band of gypsy travellers who packed up on a whim to come with me, I am discovering a new side to my personality.

Here are a few of my favourite sketches that I have done over the past few weeks. It really is a wonder what I am able to do with some simple pencils.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us




5 Comments:

At 6:31 AM, Blogger Viridiana said...

Those horses really do look like they're having fun. Keep up the good work. I must get my crayons out again too

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger Gail Kavanagh said...

Such improvement! It only shows what daily art practice can do - I love the horses, the poses are perfectly natural, and they look so alive.

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

Thank you for the encouragement. I have always promoted writing as a daily practice and told kids that no-one excelled without practice - that the AFL footballers did not just walk on to the MCG and play without hours of training. It seems that the rule really does apply to everything. My fingers are more confident by the day.

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger wrr said...

Yes, constancy is the key to improvement. Kudos for your commitment and perseverance. Love the second drawing, the one with the two shaman figures.

 
At 5:20 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

Thanks Winnie. I appreciate your positive comments. Now I am really looking forward to seeing you post some of your magnificent art work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home